Monday, February 11, 2008

#22 AUDIOBOOKS (OR "THE END IS IN SIGHT ")

Firstly I owe my gratitude to a workmate who assisted me with downloading one of the audiobooks from Gutenberg's Audio eBook Collection...My eternal Thanks!!!

I then choose one of the classic novels "hound of the Baskerville's by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. One of Literature's finest writer's.



Firstly I had to adjust the sound. It was a bit loud at the start.Was mildly amused & distracted by the animation on the screen, whilst listening to the story.



These Audiobooks would be ideally suited for elderly patrons, who have bad eye sight,and can't read,this would work well for their needs. And also for patrons of mult-cultural background. They would be able to choose any novels and then get it translated in their own language...In fact, I think most patrons would enjoy and benefit by listening to these Audiobooks.

They would no longer have any overdues or library fines. Because when the loan period expires-the audio file is deleted from the Mp3 player.


These Audio eBook Collection are a technological achievement. And the library would benefit greatly by using this tool for their website...

No comments: